<$BlogRSDURL$>
_The_Lone_Codeman_
Thursday, June 23, 2005
 
Is it 25 or 250 MB?

Today MSN Hotmail announced that the inbox capacity will increase to 250 MB, even though it says 25 MB for me??? Nice I had 2 MB for such a long time, always struggling to keep within this limit. They also say that the limit of outgoing mail is now 10 MB from previously only 1 MB. One small step in the right direction...



In the meantime the capacity at GMail is 2.3 GB and growing. Hotmail has still a long way to go. For the almost 10 years I had my Hotmail account it took to reach the 250 MB (or 25 MB), GMail is doing a better job. While I am writing this I can see it growing all the time. Impressing!



Oohhhhhh, wait. I just now saw the fine print. It says something like; it's first going to be 25 MB for 30 days. THEN, if you're "capable" to handle this huge size, it will be increased to 250 MB.




Comments:
Another thing Hotmail says:

*250MB inbox available only in the 50 United States, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Eligible Hotmail users will first receive 25MB at sign-up. Please allow at least 30 days for activation of your 250MB storage to verify your e-mail account and help prevent abuse. Microsoft Corporation reserves the right to provide 250MB inbox to free Hotmail accounts at its discretion.

This annoys me as are Brits so idiotic they don't realise they're getting a raw deal.

I often sign up to sites pretending to be American just to dodge this. And it's at Microsoft's discretion, anybody then?
 
My company set no limits on mail box size.

We now have pack rats that have 16+ GB of mail stored. So much that they could never need it all. The just save and file everything.

Driving me crazy...Too much storage just makes us lazy.
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger