Wednesday, April 28, 2004
space and beyond...
so, basically, Sven was asked by the US senate how it is possible for a small company in a "small" country to build Europe's first spacecraft in just 3 years...and it's already on it's way to the moon.
Now they are investigating which countries could work as partners.
Read more at:
* The hearing
Tuesday, April 20, 2004
European software patent
Thank god, it was voted against this lunatic proposal which came from the European Patent Office. Imagine if it would have gone through, I mean, how STUPID could you be...amazing. Imagine how much money they wasted, imagine the time wasted....
So the proposal was to be able to take a blocking patent on "any" part of code or solution. This would lead to that 99.9% of all IT solutions would have been illegal to use for others. SCARY. Imagine the job loss in Europe, the economical disaster, the end for so many companies.
Again, scary thought. I think I will file my own proposal to EU - to be able to put the responsible people in jail that comes up with proposals like these!!!!
Read the article
Home of EPO
..Or why not sending EPO a message from here?
Why not sending me some comments about this???
Saturday, April 17, 2004
Contact The Lone Code Man!!!
Now you're able to send me an email...and please do so!
Just a couple of words about it...
* If you're thinking of spam me, or send any other not related content (bying, selling, virus etc.), please don't. Remember I am the
Code Slinger, the Lone Code Man...I WILL find you and track you down...and also do I have to inform you, this is NOT my primary email account.
* What I do find interesting is any kind of feedback (bad or good) on my blog, any IT related topic, IT projects, IT problems/questions and money ;-)
* If I recieve too much junk, I'll remove it.
* Just click the Contact me link in the menu to the right ------>
* Just added the possibility to also comment posts!!!
Hope to hear from you!
As you might have noticed, I've changed the layout.
I think this works better and it's a cleaner look. Hope you like it!
Also, I am thinking of adding an email link, so that I can get some feedback from Y O U ! I'll come back about that later.
Thursday, April 15, 2004
create panoramic images
Another great tip from the
...just created a page with an panoramic image. Found a really nice little tool and a viewer to do it all. The best of all - it's free!
Here's how I did it:
- Take pics using a tripod (...actually I didn't but it worked out anyway. I suggest you to use one though).
- Stitch them together using Corel photo paint (version 8) and saved it to the site.
- Copied the viewer and its classes to the site (same folder as page)
- Created the applet tag and entered the parameters
You can find a good guide here and all the tools needed!
Friday, April 09, 2004
Soon weekend. I am really looking forward to that. Been a busy week, a lot of interesting stuff though...
- Potentially a new customer. A little web site to build...
- An application is going live...an pan-european launch. A real challange!
- Had a 3 hour long conference call using Skype. This is just a BRILLIANT tool. Highly recommended!!!!!
...now i am just finishing up here and then...........WEEKEND!
Tuesday, April 06, 2004
Ever needed a flag on your site? Have a look here
the richest person in the world...
...so he passed Bill Gates. Ingvar Kamprad (founder, owner etc of IKEA) is now the richest person in the world. GO SWEDEN! :-)
There are some more details about this here
But then again who's the richest, what does it mean on that level..?
Friday, April 02, 2004
VS .Net installation zzzzzzzzz
So, after half a day of installation it's done. I've installed Visual Studio .NET version 2003 on my 2 PCs. No major problems (just that it complained on one PC that the ASP.NET version was wrong...) .
TIP from the Lone Code Man (also known as the Code Slinger)
First tip If/when VS .NET complains about wrong ASP.NET version when you're about to open/create a web app, you just need to execute:
Where n is the version nbr of your .NET framework.
Now I have 3 versions on VS - 6, .Net 2002 and .Net 2003. What can one do if one has to maintain projects???
another day, another entry
Another day, another morning in traffic. Makes me think...how many idiots there are. Ego idiots...OR is it just that some people just gets like that once they're in the car???
I am in the office now, time for some coding...
Thursday, April 01, 2004